Saturday, August 1, 2009

What Should I Call This?

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote anything since it's been so long. It was over three months ago. I went to two concerts since then. The first one was Mae with Tokyo, Barcelona, and Person L opening. That was pretty awesome. What I heard of Tokyo was good, Barcelona was hilarious, and Person L was good too even though their music isn't normally the kind of stuff I normally like. It's better live, I guess. The second was Relient K (again) with Deas Vail, Rookie of the Year, and Owl City opening. They were all amazing. I wasn't really paying attention to Deas Vail since I was trying to find a place to stand, but I wish I had. I got some of their music later and it's really good. Rookie of the Year was good even though they didn't play my favorite song by them. They did play another one of my favorite songs by Matthew Thiessen and the Earthquakes, side project of Relient K's lead singer. Owl City played two of my favorite songs by them and another that's now one of my favorite songs (I'd never heard it before then). Relient K played three songs off their new album coming out this October. I got Adam Young from Owl City to sign my shirt after. I got Owl City's new CD a few days ago and it's amazing. If you're reading this, get it. You won't regret it. You probably won't be able to find it in stores so get it on iTunes. You get a couple extra songs that way anyway.

1 comment:

hmk said...

hihihi
i was messing around on blogspot and i was like, hey, taylor posted! like half a year ago. but still. send me your story. and i am now SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS of your adam young-signed shirt. like you have no idea. thank you for introducing me to owl city- i can now say that i liked him before fireflies came on the radio.